If you’ve never heard about ductless systems, they may sound made up. We can promise you that they are real. What’s more, they are both effective and efficient—yes, even here in Kelowna.
Using a ductless AC in Kelowna is a great option for many types of homes, especially those that are unable to be outfitted with ductwork. If you’ve been trying to make do with a window AC during the summer and a space heater in the winter, then you’ll want to learn more about these wonderful home comfort systems.
The Benefits of Going With a Ductless HVAC Unit
If you are wondering whether or not ductless systems are really as impressive as they seem, we want to let you know that they are quite unique. Here are the benefits you could enjoy by switching to a ductless mini split system.
- Better indoor air quality: A ductless system will be able to enjoy better indoor air quality. This is because each air handler has its own system filter which allows it to filter debris out of the air. This protects the system’s internal components but also helps improve the air quality throughout the house.
- Avoids risk of conditioned air loss: Did you know that leaky ductwork can lead to a loss of up to 30% of your conditioner air? That adds up quickly but thankfully you can avoid worrying about this when you choose a ductless system.
- Improved energy efficiency: Ductless systems are able to cool and heat your home in a highly energy-efficient manner. This is especially apparent when you can just run one air handler to cool one area of the house, providing comfort while using less energy. That high energy efficiency is going to help you save money in the long run.
- Easier zone control: We just mentioned that you can run each individual air handler of your ductless system on its own or in tandem with each other. This translates to much easier zone control.
- Year-round comfort: Ductless units operate using heat pump technology. This means that they move heat allowing them to cool your home but also heat it more efficiently and effectively too. With this one system, you can enjoy the comfort offered by two.
- Less space used up: Ductless HVAC systems also help you save space in your home because their outdoor units are smaller, they negate the need for ductwork, and the air handlers can be mounted on a wall or even installed as ceiling cassettes.
Is a Ductless System Right For You?
Just because a system seems impressive doesn’t always mean it is the right fit for every home. The question is, is this system right for your home? While the best clarity will come with talking to a professional, you can also determine the answer by considering some of the following factors:
- You live in a home that doesn’t have ductwork.
- You want to move away from using natural gas for heating.
- You are looking for better zone control.
Are you comfortable? If you are looking to improve your home comfort with a ductless system, you can contact Comfort Tech Heating & Cooling to get started. We guarantee your comfort with every job we do.